Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Angostura Bitters

Angostura Bitters * this painting is sold

Well, I am happy to report that this little 6" x 6" oil painting has a new home ... in Trinidad ! More exactly, at the ANGOSTURA company itself !!

My Grandma used to mix a great 'Old Fashioned' and then sit on her porch across from West Park and sip and enjoy and listen to the Allentown Band ! How wonderful those times must have been ... to sit across from the park, set up the card table, play some Bridge and enjoy. I still wish that I lived in that beautiful home ... where my Father and Aunt Betty were born ...

When Hess' Department store closed its doors (then The BonTon) several years ago, my brothers and sisters and I visited 'The Patio' on its last day ... and we sipped Old Fashioneds ... what a great drink ! Those people really knew how to enjoy themselves back in the day. And, I enjoy the taste of Bourbon too so .... maybe tonight on my way home I'll stop at Pistachio Bar and Grille (where my cocktail paintings hang) and treat myself to an Old Fashioned and think of Grandma.

Thank You Angostura !! I appreciate it ! Cheers !

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

If you visit my comprehensive website, click on 'site map' (under my name on the left panel) and you can see all of the Painting Each Day paintings at one time.

If you would like to purchase a 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas that you see on this site, or commission a painting that is special to you, please email me.

These paintings are priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

If you have found this entry through a search engine and would like to see the complete Painting Each Day blog, just click on PAINTING EACH DAY at the top of this page



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home