Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Green Apple, Red Pear


Green Apple, Red Pear • sold

You might have noticed that I didn't post comments since October 27th ... well ... that was because I spent Trick or Treat evening with my beautiful great nieces .... AND .... then on Saturday, October 29th, we had a very heavy and wet snowfall in the northeast. We still had lots of beautiful Autumn leaves on the trees and with the heavy snow it created a perfect storm of downed power lines. Electricity returned just yesterday for me ... ouch.

Because of the storm I couldn't even visit my studio ... doors were locked, no way to enter. Sooo ... I lit the candles and played my beautiful antique Baby Grand piano - Brambach nee 1934.

I played the complete score of 'Yentle' several times (Michel LaGrand) and the beautiful and haunting 'It's not Mozart' ... composed by Hans Zimmer and translated for piano as a gift to me from my lovely friend Julia. I played all weekend and it was musical bliss for me. Each night after blowing out the candles, I covered my piano keys with the leather piano keys protector, a gift from Michaele and Conrad ... each of these friends from my beloved Schwaebisch Gmuend, Germany.

The only thing missing ... my future husband ... maybe by the time we have another power outage, he will have found me ... J'espére ...

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

If you visit my comprehensive website, click on 'site map' (under my name on the left panel) and you can see all of the Painting Each Day paintings at one time.

If you would like to purchase a 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas that you see on this site, or commission a painting that is special to you, please email me.

These paintings are priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

If you have found this entry through a search engine and would like to see the complete Painting Each Day blog, just click on PAINTING EACH DAY at the top of this page


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a link to the history of the Brambach piano company. Sad ending.
Brambach

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home