Sunday, January 29, 2012

Trumpet


Trumpet
1 meter x 80 cm

Well, it's been two months since I've posted on my Painting Each Day blog ... and I do apologize for that ... but, I have created only one 6" x 6" painting since then. I've been working on larger paintings of instruments ... including the Red Violin, Saxophone (2) and Trumpet (seen here).

I enjoy painting these paintings. The new series * JAZZ * will feature paintings measuring 1 meter x 80 cm. That's approximately 39.5 inches by 31.5 inches. It was necessary to have custom stretchers built because I want these paintings created in metric sizes (I checked nationally and I could not find any stretchers in metric). The reason being is that I have beautiful 3.5" silver frames that work well with these paintings and they were created for my first 'Jazz' series. They were built to the 1 meter x 80 cm specs.

I'm hoping for what would be my 5th exhibition in Europe to take place this summer. Preferably in Antibes Juan les Pins and preferably during the fabulous 'Jazz a Juan' festival. Trust me on this ... it's Paradise. C'est paradis sur terre ...

My next painting will be the Soprano Saxophone in honor of Sidney Bechet. I listen to my Sidney Bechet cds in my studio with the 'Midnight in Paris' dvd playing on my laptop. To me, 'Midnight in Paris' is the perfect film. Thank you Monsieur Woody Allen !!! I'm still waiting for the Sidney Bechet sheet music to arrive from France to complete the background for this painting.

The Clarinet, Trombone and 'high hat with brushes' are also on 'the list'. I'm hoping for a collection of 10 or 12 instruments. Suggestions are welcome !


Feel free to comment if you would like. I appreciate your opinions and observations.

As I complete these * JAZZ * paintings, I will post them for you to see ... Merci et bon Jazz !

1 Comments:

Anonymous Grace | employment posters said...

The smaller the object, the more difficult it is for the artist to paint. Glad you were able to paint this trumpet. It's beautiful!

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home