Thursday, May 01, 2014

Dear friends,

The last 18 months of my life have certainly had their good moments, but also I have had the worst art and career months ever.

In September 2012, someone or 'someones' stole over 50 of my paintings and 6 shelves of great art books from a locked building on Hamilton St in Allentown, PA.  Art books, cookbooks, personal journals, French books ... some of them 1st editions signed by the authors - including 'Mary Cassatt • A Life'  ... and many of them were gifts to me.  As you can see, I've stopped my painting, blogging ... and my 'joie de vivre' has been seriously impacted.

Please check my website to see just some of the stolen paintings.

IF you have any information on the whereabouts of my paintings and/or books, please call the Allentown Police Department ... and me.  I will gratefully paint you something to your liking as a reward.

Sincerely ~

Ann

Ann Elizabeth Schlegel

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Graham said...

Dear Ann, I linked to your blog via David Lloyd's blog and felt compelled to leave you a comment. I am sorry this happened to you. Whenever I read or hear something like this, a string of words always comes to me and they are: I wish all bad people would just go away.

Again I am sorry. All that hard work. Devastating. I hope this finds you recovering and filled with more joy and hope in the world than earlier this month.

Lisa
from Wichita, Kansas

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Ann Elizabeth Schlegel said...

How kind you are - what a very sympathetic and lovely note ... thank you Lisa ... As for me, I'm beginning again ... step by step ...

9:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I would love to see you post some paintings. Sorry for the lose of your books and paintings. You are a good artist and they can not take that away!!! I have a link to your blog on my site; maybe someone will recognize one of your paintings that were stolen.

Alan Shiner

6:12 PM  
Blogger Ashot Arakelyan and Hovhannes Hakobyan said...

Hello. I'm the owner of the blog http://armenianartworks.blogspot.com/
I have a request
I would like to exchange with you link of my site by adding in the links' section. Is it possible?
All the best
Ashot

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home